Kalye Todo Arnis – seminar outline
Just one week left until an event I’m very excited about –
the Filipino Martial Arts Seminar in Bucharest,
on April 13 and 14, 2012.
Being responsible for one of the four modules
( KALYE TODO ARNIS – short range stickfighting system),
I decided to make a more detailed outline
of what I will try to cover in those few hours.
Part 1 – Introduction
– Origins, lineage, name, characteristics
– When and how it can be useful
– Technical arsenal and requested attributes
– The importance of the free hand
Part 2 – Work
– Stance; hand positions
– basic strikes , isolating the most common
– footwork, mirroring, striking with footwork
– defending the basic strikes; simple block and counter
– power generation
– introducing ”special situations”
– punyo – as attack and as counter
– 3 principles of disarming; isolating the first one.
Part 3 – Questions